A YOUNG CHAP, READY TO ROCK THE WORLD
Dreaming and doing big
Young chap passionate about data science and automation of IT services, always excited to implement digitized end to end solutions based on Machine Learning and Deep Learning concepts by leveraging the industry’s best in class cloud platform and programming languages. I love to constantly up-skill myself with new technologies by upholding my motto of Dreaming and Doing BIG!!
CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY
2021 - 2022
M.S - Electrical and Computer Engineering - Applied Study
Research Assistant under Prof. Priya Narasimhan
VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
2016 - 2020
B. Tech - Electronics and Computer Engineering
Program Representative - School of Electronics Engineering
Teaching Assistant - Data Structures and Algorithms
WHO AM I
PROGRAM REPRESENTATIVE, VIT CHENNAI
July 2018 - August 2019
Program representative of Electronics and Computer Engineering department in Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai
RESEARCH ASSISTANT - ATHLETECH LAB, CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY
Jan 2021 - Present
Research assistant under Prof Priya Narasimhan at AthleTech lab, Carnegie Mellon University
TEACHING ASSISTANT - DATA STRUCTURES
July 2018 - November 2018
Teaching assistant under Prof Karthik. R for Data Structures and Algorithms in Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai.
VOLUNTEER OF THE FLAGSHIP CONFERENCE OF INDIA - COMSNETS
Dec 2018 - Jan 2019
I was selected as one among the 12 students around the globe to volunteer and attend the ComsNets (Communication Networks) conference, the flagship conference of India in the field fo Networks, with full sponsorship from logistics and food to stay.
BEST PROJECT AWARD
Our team SmarTrack was awarded for the best project of the year by Vellore Institute of Technology's Founder and Chancellor Dr. G. Viswanathan. The project was in the domain of Embedded Systems, Data Communication Networks, and Machine Learning!!
WINNER - MAKEATHONS AND HACKATHONS
2018 - 2019
First place of a Makeathon conducted by Valeo - Building an AI-enabled cooling technology for high-frequency voltage converter (58V to 42V).
First place of a hackathon conducted by ACM and Mozilla - An automated smart security system which recognizes the known people and also criminals. Autonomous criminal tracking was also done and suitable alerts were sent to the police.
Won Rs 20K at Hackhub - 24 hours hackathon conducted by IEEE Computer Society - Predicting the damage level of the buildings after the Earthquake using CNN with residual blocks. Suitable mobile app and mail alerts to police, ambulance and fire service were done.
Jan 2018 - Present
1. Karthik, R., M. Hariharan, Sundar Anand, Priyanka Mathikshara, Annie Johnson, and R. Menaka. "Attention embedded residual CNN for disease detection in tomato leaves." Applied Soft Computing 86 (2020): 105933.
Impact factor: 5.472
2. Karthik, R., R. Menaka, Annie Johnson, and Sundar Anand. "Neuroimaging and Deep Learning for Brain Stroke Detection-A Review of Recent Advancements and Future Prospects." Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine (2020): 105728.
Impact Factor: 3.632
3. Biomedical Engineering Letters – Springer Journal
Paper Title: Performance Evaluation of Deep Learning Models for COVID Detection from CT images
Status: Under. Review
Impact factor: 1.6
4. IEEE Communication Letters
Paper Title: Multi-Path Based Privacy Leakage Avoidance Framework for IP Cameras
Status: Under Review
Conference research papers:
1. Anand, Sundar, et al. "Real-time GPS tracking using serverless architecture and ARM processor." 2019 11th International Conference on Communication Systems & Networks (COMSNETS). IEEE, 2019.
2. Anand, Sundar, et al. "Low Power Real Time GPS Tracking Enabled with RTOS and Serverless Architecture." 2019 IEEE 4th International Conference on Computer and Communication Systems (ICCCS). IEEE, 2019.
3. Anand, Sundar, and T. Jayavignesh. "An Efficient Mask Reduction Strategy to Optimize Storage and Computational Complexity in Routing Table Lookups." 2019 IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Technologies (ICECCT). IEEE, 2019.
4. Anand, Sundar, et al. “Image-Based Smart Surveillance and Remote Door Lock Switching System for Homes” 2019 Elsevier INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON RECENT TRENDS IN ADVANCED COMPUTING 2019, ICRTAC 2019 (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050920300648?via%3Dihub)
5. Gnanaprakasam C., Anand S., Manoj Kumar R., Menaka R. (2021) Facial Expression Image Analysis to Classify High and Low Level ASD Kids Using Attention Mechanism Embedded Deep Learning Technique. In: Sengodan T., Murugappan M., Misra S. (eds) Advances in Electrical and Computer Technologies. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 711. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-9019-1_49 (https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-15-9019-1_49#citeas)
MY PROJECTS / PUBLICATIONS
We offer solutions that raise your life above the expected
A magic wand to make your own spell in the air. A new form of AI-enabled human-human interaction for seamless and comfortable communication between people and devices.
ASD INTENSITY LEVEL PREDICTION USING MICRO-EXPRESSIONS
Autism Level using Micro-Expression
Attention Residual Network for Micro-Expression Recognition using Image Analysis. A Deep Learning technique to recognize ASD intensity using their Micro-Expressions.
What I Do
I use the cloud environment to develop the real-time working systems. I have experience working on AWS (Amazon Web Services). My work on the cloud points towards a modern architecture with microservices and serverless systems.
I have been working in the era of machine learning for quite some time. Predicting or categorizing data with the use of ML enables some of the activities which were considered to be never possible, some of my projects will themselves stand as examples for the same.
Following the lectures of one of the most insightful person in the field, Mr. Andrew NG, has given me a lot of intuitions about the deep learning and its applications. My current interest leans in the direction of Convolution Neural Networks with TensorFlow framework.
To quote an incident that personally impressed me of his performance was when he was able to identify the various types of motion in front of a camera just with the use of network traffic. His ability to interpret such a valuable result was a significant milestone in the research work. We had just provided him with a bunch of cameras to perform experiments and explore the IP cameras however his interpretation of a potential vulnerability in the breach of privacy was salient.
It was indeed my pleasure working with Sundar. He was passionate about learning new things and experimenting the unprecedented.